Thursday 25 September 2014

Workwear and tailoring perfection..

Style Theory: It is not often I am taken by an entire collection but after scrolling through Topshop's new Boutique Collection I think I have fallen for almost all of it.

For me it encapsulates this Autumn/Winter, the laid back, tailored look complete with a quirky twist. It has the most fabulous mix of stand out one off items and casual pieces that can be mixed and matched together. The skirts can be worn with grey marl t-shirts and trainers for a dress down look, or smartened up with a blouse and heels for work..

Here is my rundown of my favourite pieces and how I would style them:

Topshop Neat Leather Jacket £320
The soft green colour is so unusual, it would work so well with denim, black, blues, wines, think of it as a neutral colour that will pretty much go with anything, this season you can really mix colours up.
Silk Off the Shoulder Dress £75
A beautiful muted colour, this is the shape of the season, the off the shoulder looks delicate along with the fine silk material A difficult dress to wear, but it is stunning. I would team in the winter with opaque tights and black shoe boots, or animal print heels. 
Slouchy Jumper £60
The perfect slouchy jumper,  basic but a fabulous shape, wear with the skirt below and white trainers, pair with skinny jeans or leather leggings. Add a shot of colour with a pale blue scarf or wine coloured bag. 
Topshop Hybrid Pencil Skirt £90
This skirt looks so designer, I love the quirky pleats. wear with a chambray shirt and trainers for a street style look or with T-Bar courts and a slouchy blouse for a fabulous work-wear outfit. 
Topshop Hybrid Pleated £110
A perfect work dress with a twist, classic and so on trend. Wear with a camel coat thrown over the top and a pair of leopard print kitten heels.
Topshop Print Weave Top £65
This is a cute top and would look fab with a pair of black skinny jeans and trainers or heels depending if you want to dress down or up.
Artichoke Floral Print Dress Topshop Unique £195
Going off a bit of a tangent but how fabulous is this Topshop dress available to buy from the runway. I love the pattern, blue and wine colour thrown together, it works and packs a punch. It is a great styling tip to wear a fine poloneck of a contrasing colour under your floaty dressed to ensure you get wear out of them throughout the year.
Topshop Bloomsbury Dress £68
I saw this dress today in-store and it is gorgeously floaty on, would capture the AW14 70s vibe perfectly with tan knee high boots and a long camel or red coat.
Topshop Fliss Flatform Shoes £35
These are slightly leftfield, they are fabulous tributes to Stella McCartney's AW14 flatforms. I have ordered them, I will let you know what they are like. I intend to pair them with my denim dresses and skirts and sweaters. 

Aldo Bruscello Bag £50
This is not Topshop, I spotted it yesterday in Aldo and it is fab for this season, the colour is rich, it has a shoulder strap and I love the pom pom keyring. Although not leather it looks expensive and the purse in the front is an added bonus.

That completes my quick round up of my fave pieces in Topshop's boutique collection and a couple of other items that caught my eye in stores yesterday. I  love the muted palette mixed with accents of bold electric colours, there is a stunning bright blue fur coat in the Topshop collection that I was unable to find an image of, it is amazing but only for the brave..!

My Style
For an evening out in town for supper and drinks with friends I wore my &Other Stories off the shoulder dress and leather jacket. 
Dress: &Other Stories
Leather Jacket: Asos
Shoes: Nine West
And a very casual look, dropping the kids to school and then for a swim (hence very make-up-less!)..
Jacket: Zara
Dress: Asos
Trainers; Stan smith
What do you think of the Topshop collection, are muted colours going to be your go to this Autumn?
As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Frances x

14 comments:

  1. I have fallen for that floral dress in a big way. I used to think of the Seventies as the decade that taste forgot, but I find that as time goes on I am coming round to that look more and more. I'm even sporting Zara wide leg jeans today - they're taking a bit of getting used to after years of skinnies, but now I've got them on I don't think I ever want to go back! Love your evening look, too.

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love wide leg jeans, bet you look fab! The floral dress is gorgeous, would work in summer and winter x

      Delete
  2. Topshop just keep getting better and better, i love them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great, really design focused now which is so much better! x

      Delete
  3. Some lovely things - the skirt is so you, I can see you in it!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post Frances. I am desperado for new work clothes at the moment. I haven't had to get out and about to see clients over the past couple of years, so I need to sort myself out with corporate stuff again. The dress and skirt are right up my style street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would so suit you Keri, smart but with a fashion twist xx

      Delete
  5. LOVE that dress on the runway. And brave move ordering the shoes - I definitely want to see how they look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool does that dress look?! The shoes are fab but come up a little big so have taken them back and am waiting for the smaller size, they are a little bit out there but lovely! xx

      Delete
  6. Daughter and I were admiring the flatworms in TS today. Love the white sole so much. Agree that bag is gorgeous. I have an old Karen Millen in this colour which will be allowed out this year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your Karen Millen bag, it is so worth keeping things as fashion comes round so quickly! x

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com