Sunday 10 January 2016

Outfit Post - The Ultimate Kick Flare Jean

Style Theory: There is a new 'hot' jean on the block, well, not completely new it has been knocking around since last year but this year the 'crop kick flare' will come into it's own. Frequently worn by Alexa Chung, the crop kick flare is a move on from the 70s slightly flappy crop flare we saw dominating the high street last summer. This flare is like a shrunken bell bottom jean, it is tight on the thigh and knee and kicks out gently mid calf. The jean ideally finishes just above your ankle bone and looks fabulous with every footwear from trainers to ankle strap shoes to heeled ankle boots. 

Images via Pinterest

Due to the skinny jean shape and the kick flare, this style is super flattering on the width of the leg but does not lengthen so if you are a shorty like me, heels are best (although I will be wearing these with my trainers in the summer even if my legs do look short!) Wear them tight and they will flatter.

I have found my ideal pair J Brand Selena, crop boot leg jeans. They are super expensive but as soon as I put them on they fitted perfectly, had the most fabulous stretch and were the perfect length, I knew I would get my money's worth out of them..




Blouse - &Other Stories £65 (available in store - sold out online) or similar here
Jumper - Mango (old season) similar here

They really are comfy jeans and will look fab with white trainers (stan smiths/Golden goose/Adidas superstars/ Superga platform) in the spring and summer. The kick flare at the bottom makes my ankles look a little thinner and I love the high waist, it holds in my mum tum. I sized down one size smaller than my normal jeans as these look better tight and jeans do always give a little. They also come in black but the dark blue will take me from winter to summer, they will look great with off the shoulder tops (I have my eye on lots of Russian style tops) and flip flop or slides. 
J Brand Selena Jeans @House Of Fraser £220
There are lots of brands of kick flare jeans on the high street if you fancy just 'dipping your toe in the water' of this trend..here are a few options..
Topshop Crop Kick Flare £36
Warehouse Cropped Kick Flare £15
River Island now £12
River Island now £12

So it is definitely worth bagging yourself a pair now when they are in the sale, if you have time try on a few pairs so you get the right, flattering length and fit. Jeans are always so hard to get right so when you find a good pair that fit and flatter go for it.


The Hotel my sister stayed in above was the St Ermins, Marriott Hotel, London. It was gorgeous, lovely, quite bijou room, the hotel was beautiful inside with fab staff. Me and my husband went home (nothing can beat my own bed - I am such a homebody, although I must admit Marriott beds do come a close second!) 

Are you a fan of this style of jean, did you buy a pair last year. I kinda love my J Brand ones and will be wearing them non stop this year..

As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Frances xxx

16 comments:

  1. You are rockin' the kick flares Fran! If anyone can get me out of my beloved skinnies it's you.....I love the idea of styling the kick flare with the granny-style shoes that are around at the moment! Inspired! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore them! I have a couple of pairs from Zara and love them - especially with this seasons heeled ballet pumps:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ... Me at 6ft2 and my 6ft 3 daughter just need to buy normal sized boot cut jeans for the same effect??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Fran I love them, Joanne from the stylistsndthewardrobe has them too .... You both may have influence me to try them. You looked fabulous on your birthday and looked like you had a wonderful day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What female fashion trends do you absolutely hate?
    flare jeans for women

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com