Friday 6 November 2015

Autumn/Winter Inspiration

Style Theory: Every couple of months or so in a season I need to refocus on the season's essentials, I get easily distracted by sparkles and sequins but always need to bring myself back to the the building blocks of my wardrobe and the looks I love.

Pinterest always re-focuses me and here are the looks I adore and inspire me for AW15...it is all looking pretty monochrome with a touch of animal print and metallics. This year I am loving huge woollen grey scarves to add a luxurious touch, black skinny jeans and oversize knitwear...



















All images above via Pinterest

The Parisian fashion bloggers and Instagrammers are leading the fashion looks at the moment, I adore the simple, minimal look, each item bought with huge consideration, with cut and quality of fabric being paramount. Basically, they dress opposite to me I love the thrill of the quick hit of throwaway fashion but I am trying to re-train my fashion habits to buy less and invest in some key timeless pieces! I have failed miserably today I have just bought the top below all the above rules at the window...but there is always tomorrow....and the top is soo pretty and sparkly!!

Asos Ultimate Sequin Top £60
I think this top will look great with my distressed boyfriend 501ct's and trainers, or with my jeans and Topshop Mary Jane black heels for an evening out. Not tres Parisian chic..but it is kind of monochrome?!

Are you are fast fashion fan or do you invest in beautiful items, or do you get the best of both and mix it up a little?
As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time Frances xxx

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting the paradox of opposites that still inspire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I am so Black, grey, camel, denim and cream this Autumn. I have just ordered a sequin turtleneck, from H&M (I too get distracted, a lot) and an oatmeal cashmere scarf from Next. It just has to be done. I am waiting for the cold weather to hit to eek out my huge grey and cream scarves. H :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been pinning images like crazy and I have a closet of coats and sweaters waiting to be worn and have their first outing! Unfortunately it is 75 degrees in Atlanta today so I may have to wait a while:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're a little magpie through and through and you need your little hit of sparkle and colour to keep you happy. Heck I love grey as much as the next person and automatically reach for the grey jumper every time but you know what - they don't always excite me when I buy them and sometimes it's the fun and cheery things which make you smile the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the herringbone style trousers. xx
    www.assessorise.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cheap nike roshe run shoes sale online, free shipping and fast delivery. http://www.sportshoesale.com
    Men Nike Roshe Run Black Green Shoes
    Men Nike Roshe Run Black Green White Shoes
    Men Nike Roshe Run Black Grey Green Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi- I love the lopard boots in the first picture off pinterest. Do you have any idea where they are from?
    Thanks, Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com