Wednesday 10 September 2014

What I wore....

Style Theory: After years and years of skinny jeans I feel it is time to shake things up a little and bring back a flared shape. It is amazingly flattering for legs making them look longer and slimmer especially when worn with heels..so back to the 70s I go....

Last autumn/winter it was all about pink, this year I am loving all tones of blue. Navy being my 'safe' colour, I always feel comfortable in an all navy outfit, with the addition of some fine gold jewellery to add a little bit of shine and a pale blue or camel coat.



Blue Coat: Marks and Spencer £110
Shirt: H&M similar here
Jeans; J Brand Lovestory £160
Bag: TK Maxxsimilar here
Sandals: H&M 
I wore this outfit to the opening of the new J Crew store hosted by the stunning Laura Fantacci WIT blog. It was a lovely evening full of cava, shopping, meeting lots of lovely bloggers, readers and of course lots of shopping....

If you fancy taking a plunge with the 70s flared look and are willing to by-pass the skinny jeans for an evening or two here are the best on the high street.
I do think these jeans look better and are more flattering in a darker wash, so I have selected all in indigo wash:
J Brand - Love Story Jeans £161
Mih The Marrakesh Jean £185
MiH Bodycon Jeans £215

These MiH jeans are expensive jeans but I have been told by my local boutique these are the most flattering jeans and will pull you in in all the right places without looking like a sausage in sausage skin! I will try on when they get them in and let you know if they do!

Zara Skinny Mermaid Jeans £39.99

A subtle take on the bell bottom look from Zara.

Topshop Clean Cut Flared Jeans £40
Oasis Emily Flared Jeans £45

So there are few options if you fancy dabbling in the flare jean look..I know it is not everyones cup of tea and those skinny jean devotees may take some major persuasion!!

Next Time my Schoolrun essentials...
As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time, Frances xx

24 comments:

  1. This is definitely one fashion that's going to be well received I think! I'm wondering if any of my older jeans will work for this or if a new pair is needed. Feel a trying on session coming on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth digging out your old ones to see if you have any skinny flares! X

      Delete
  2. I LOVE my bell bottoms - I have Hudsons and they are SO comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like them but usually have to wait a while ( probably when they ve gone out of fashion ) until Long Tall Sally deign to stock them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is annoying isn't it, I have the opposite problem I had to get about a foot taken off my J Brand jeans! X

      Delete
  4. I love them - I bought the MiH Marrakesh light blue ones in the Fenwicks sale this year... super flattering!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo yes since I started looking I have seen some lovely light ones, they look fab with a darker denim shirt xx

      Delete
  5. I love flared jeans & have many pairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a bonus, so you are all set for AW 14 and SS15!! X

      Delete
  6. I love navy and love flared jeans. I always feel more slimmer & sexy in flares, I think it's maybe because you (well I) have to wear heels with them. You look lovely for the J Crew/wit blog event. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annemarie, I do love flares and heels as I am such a shorty, love anything that makes me look taller! Xx

      Delete
  7. Love the look..dark blue with light blue accents...perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janey, I do love blue in all it's guises at the mo! Xx

      Delete
  8. I love my MiH Marrakesh in light dreaming blue they have been perfect for Summer and will be getting a pair in a dark indigo wash. But but ...have you seen the velvet ones. Gorgeous and perfect for Christmas party season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the velvet ones they sound very retro and very cool, I'll have a look out for them! X

      Delete
  9. I have the J Brand Love jeans, they are about seven years old, but haven't worn them for so long - time to dig them out! You looked lovely for the event, the coat is a beautiful colour.
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbi, yep we must have bought them at the same time!! You will look fab in them xx

      Delete
  10. You look absolutely beautiful! F x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them! I used to wear them a lot and I agree, they are ao flattering. I think it might be tricky to convert from my skinnies now though... You look stunning, Frances. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you do look fab in your skinnies Lynne, I must admit I am not ready to give up my skinnies totally yet, they are just too practical in the rain...no wet hems! xx

      Delete
  12. I love these on you! And as I'm the same height as you, I love the idea of styles that lengthen the leg. You look fab as always x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your J Brands on you. I keep toying with the Marrakesh ones now that I've become a bit of an MIH convert but I keep thinking there won't be much left after I chop off probably a whopping 8 inches or more. I would love to find the perfect petite fit pair though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning outfit Frances....really perfect for the J Crew evening!! I have some Zara flared jeans and I'm looking forward to getting them out with some heels this Autumn xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com