Tuesday 14 October 2014

Winter Berries

Style Theory: Berry, Wine, Burgundy, the beautiful rich, deep, red colour is AW14 must have. Whether worn as a coat, cosy jumper or shoes, this warm hue will add a touch of winter decadence to any outfit.
Berry trainers look fab with a camel coat
Clash berry with pink for a cool look.
Toughen up your berry coloured coat by layering up over a biker jacket
Just adore everything about this outfit





Berry is a truly versatile colour, it looks fabulous with camel, navy, khaki and of course black. However, if you are feeling a little bolder wear with pink (my favourite combination) or orange for a statement look.

Here are a selection of some stunning Berry items available on the high street now:
Warehouse Winter Coat £95
This is a beautiful coat on, looks great without the (detachable) fur collar also. I tried this on yesterday, not a great photo but this may give you an idea of how it looks.


It is a lovely shape and looks cute on. I would take off the fur and wear with a huge navy tartan scarf as in the Pinterest photo above..this one from Ebay is perfect..
Ebay £18.20
I have never bought from this seller on Ebay so just double check feedback before buying!

A sweater is a great way to add a contemporary colour to an outfit. These sweaters are cosy and would look fab with skinny jeans (love this colour with khaki jeans)
Baukjen Roll Neck Jumper £129
Gap Merino Sweater £39.95
Most people have a pair of jeans at home in this berry colour from a few years ago. Why not pull them out and update your look by wearing them with a pink jumper, a khaki parka and a pair of Stan Smith trainers, these colours look great mixed up and make a cool style statement. If you do not have them already try these from Topshop..

Topshop Leigh Jeans £38
Here is what I teamed my jeans with last week..
Sweater: River Island
Jeans: Topshop
Trainers: Stan Smith
Or wear with a berry T-shirt for a coordinated look..
Topshop Zip Back Tee £18
Zara Faux Leather Pleated Skirt £39.99
Pair this skirt with the Gap merino sweater above and a pair of pointed snakeskin flat pumps.
Next Strap Detail Point Heels £35
Super elegant shoes, would add a beautiful touch of colour to a black jumpsuit or dress.

I have featured this bag before and I do love it, it ticks the trend perfectly. I would team with a camel coat.
Aldo Bag £50
This is such a warm, comforting colour and definitely will be featured again and again in my A/W14 wardrobe.

My Style 
This was an outfit from from last year but the colours still work this year.. 
Coat: M&S
Gilet: Primark
Sweater: zara
Jeans: 7ForAll Mankind
Trainers: Adidas Superstars
For a night out with my fab university friends. The first outing for my black M&S culottes, they are so amazingly comfortable and easy to wear, I am a huge culotte convert! We realised it was 20 years since we started university together (argghhhh!!) 
Sweater: Cos
Culottes: M&S
Jacket: Asos
Bag: Topshop
Scarf: Becksondergaard
Trainers: Adidas StanSmith
 For a day out and about shopping..
Sweater: Whistles
Jeans: Topshop
Shoes: Russell and Bromley
Bag: M&S
Coat: M&S

There concludes my round out of my fave berry items and a few of my outfits from the last week! Will you be indulging in the Berry trend, do you have lots of items accumulated from the last couple of years that you can wear this year?

As always I would love to hear your thoughts and comments, until next time, Frances xxx

23 comments:

  1. Love your culottes, they look super cool. Also have never put berry and pink together and have the jeans and knits, so will be totally stealing that one!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Abbi, I am a fab of berry and pink looks a bit different, you will look fab in it!! Xx

      Delete
  2. H&M have lovely burgundy cashmere scarf and hat in their premium range - almost identical to the ones from Cos but of course cheaper. Got them when they had a 25% off of any item promotion and can't be happier. Look so amazing with my grey coats and camel and black jumpers, I almost look forward to the colder months!
    Love the Warehouse coat on you and also your Primark gilet - the colour looks so delicious!
    PS Love your blog and think you are a fantastically beautiful (seriously remind me of Kim Basinger in her best years - bet I'm not the first to draw a comparison!) and stylish woman! Keep up the good work and good luck with everything!
    Warm wishes, Irina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much Irina, I am super flattered and so glad you like my blog. The H&M hat and scarf sound gorgeous, I am definitely going to check them out! Thanks again for your lovely comment, Frances x

      Delete
  3. I love the berry and pink together, such a fab colour combo. I do have some Topshop baxters in berry which I'm going to drag out again and try with some camel and grey since I'm not brave enough for the pink! You look amazing in the Warehouse coat and the M&S culottes look superb on you Frances......I love the way you have styled them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle, my jeans are Baxter Berry ones too, glad I kept hold of them. No doubt you will make them look super cool with camel and grey xxx

      Delete
  4. Love berry shades for the autumn months. I've got my damson ballerinas but the weather has been so awful, I've resorted to sturdier footwear of late.

    Love the culottes look for your University meet up - super cool chick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, love your damson ballet pumps think I have spotted them on Instagram? They are gorgeous! Xx

      Delete
  5. That is one of my favorite colours EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Frances. And oh those berry flares....think I'll go to sleep dreaming of them tonight x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just heaven, love that outfit soooo much!! Xx

      Delete
  7. I'm really loving berry for this year, it works so well with any skin tone or hair colour! Can I be cheeky & ask where you glasses are from please? :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, they are Lacoste glasses I am afraid I can't find the name of them but they have white and a little strip of yellow on the arms! Xxx

      Delete
  8. I really love this colour Frances & have a couple of berry pieces from last year which I will be wearing again this year! Some great inspiration here! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So useful when you already have them in your wardrobe, you will look gorgeous in berry! Xx

      Delete
  9. Hi there! Love your berry picks here, I just bought a berry/navy striped sweater at H&M, its a perfect colour for Autumn! Love your culottes too, you look super stylish! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, love the sound of your H&m sweater, must have a look. I adore berry and navy together x

      Delete
  10. You need to buy that Berry coat Frances, it looks amazing on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit Sharron I do love it but have a berry coat from a couple of years ago xxxx

      Delete
  11. Love the camel coat. Any ideas where I could find one like this? Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I tried on a really reasonable camel coat in H&M, it was a great price and looked lovely on. The one above is Asos last year, they have a long length one at the moment. Or if you fancy double breast one River Island have a nice one. Hope this helps a little! Xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com