Wednesday 16 October 2013

The Pink Coat


Style Theory: The ideal coat = an outerwear garment you can throw over the scruffiest outfit to create a smart, stylish and 'put together' look in a matter of seconds!
I give you the PINK coat...


...and I need one and by hook or by crook I will get one! It is the linchpin of my capsule a/w13 wardrobe, an essential autumn/winter and spring/summer 14 item, it will brighten up the school run and get a few points for being slightly 'on trend'!

So here's the designer versions, the ones that started this pink madness!:


Rochas Coat
Ganni coat
And now for the high street versions all tried and tested by me!

First the Zara, a"Cotton Candy" colour, double breasted jacket. I bought..I returned... as although a gorgeous jacket it took a lot of styling to look right as it was a little boxy on my 5ft2 frame ie: not in agreement with my Style Theory above!

French Connection "Glorious wool oversized coat" again ordered but returned, beautiful wool coat but a little too orangey pink (called desert rose). I like a true pink more on the purple tone than orange. Oversized so size down as this is big but a beautifully made coat!

The topshop fluffy coat, again I have tried, it is cute but a little too fluffy and pale...highly impractical for a mum of young kids, it would get dirty in a flash. Again, I suggest to downsize as this comes up large. However, I have just seen Topshop have launched a darker colour pink on their website, already sold out but I will be monitoring for new stock and will purchase asap!





The M&S Duster pink coat.....My very, very, favourite but almost impossible to hold of. I love this coat, gorgeous colour, fab style, very soft (although very synthetic) It is £85, reasonable for a coat in a 'fashion' colour, you can throw it over anything and it will make a statement in the right kind of way. I managed to buy one in a size 10..alas, it was miles too big, I tried to style it out...I failed!! I am still on a mission to get a 10/ 8 petite.. I haven't given up hope!
A street styler styling it out:

Me...not styling it out!

So there you have it..my take on the PINK COAT....

And a few of my outfits from this week:

Blazer: Gap
Scarf: Gifted
Boyfriend Jeans:Gap
Trainers: John Lewis Weekend Collection

Scarf: Gap
Camo Jacket: Primark
Navy Jumper (just seen): H&M
Trainers: New Balance

Jumper: Primark
Jeans: Seven for all Mankind
Fringed Boots: New Look
Gold Watch: Fossil

Next Time...'Plaid' or as we used to call it Tartan!

















6 comments:

  1. Love it! Can´t wait to get more style inspiration from you. Seriously need it looking at what get-up I´m wearing today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ange looking forward to our blog collaboration...fashion meets barca! Xx

      Delete
  2. Are you still looking for the M&S coat? I thought they'd sold out but a couple came back on line a few days ago in the pink you like but not in your size. Just keep popping by daily online and you never know ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sue, managed to nab an 8 petite when in flashed back online...my persistence paid off eventually, I now also have a topshop one I am find of so will post for advice! X

      Delete
  3. You have made me want: a tartan scarf (successful nabbed from Mum's cupboard) and some new balance trainers...any tips on were these may be available on discount? Also LOVE you cut jeans, where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becky, thanks for reading love that your mum has a tartan scarf good nab! Office have 25% in this weeks grazia not sure if it covers nb trainers but worth a check. My jeans are super old gap but I do think they do the best distressed boyfs! Hope to catch up soon xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com