Thursday 24 April 2014

Easter City Break...In Pictures..

Style Theory: A break away with the Husband and kids to beautiful Barcelona to see my two sisters and their families...pure heaven.....
Here's a look at the long weekend in pictures...I could have stayed for weeks!:
 
Barcelona Zoo
La Pedrera by Gaudi Paseo de Gracia
 
Barrio Gotico the Gothic Quarter
 
Cupcakes in the Barrio Gotico
 
Barceloneta beach Paseo Maritimo
 
W Hotel Barceloneta
 
Salt Bar Barceloneta
 

Gava Mar
 
Monjuic cable car ride up to the castle
My Style: For a city break with kids....
Practicality was the most important factor when I was packing, I knew we would be doing a fair amount of walking and the weather would be mixed. So first, comfy footwear..my reliable New Balance trainers were a must and for my clothing light layers with a touch of cashmere thrown in for luxurious warmth. I overpacked for the kids (as usual...with them you just never know what will happen day to day) so my space was fairly limited so  my selection of clothing was all basic in a palette of navy, cream, black and denim so it could all be mixed and matched. I will blog this week on packing a stylish, capsule wardrobe so keep a look out....

My Outfits:
For travelling and first day:
Jeans: MiH Paris jeans £190
Jumper: Whistles cashmere jumper similar here
Shirt: H&M £14.99 similar here
Trainers: New Balance similar here
Day 1..it was the hottest day so my jumpsuit and sandals were perfect:
Jumpsuit: River Island similar here
Sandals: Dune similar here
Bag: H&M £19.99
Day 2: A day of walking round Barcelona seeing the beautiful sights (sandals were swapped for trainers mid afternoon!)


Jacket: Pull and Bear @Asos £21.50
T-Shirt: H&M similar here
Jeans: Topshop Baxter £40
Bag: H&M as above
Sandals: H&M £39.99
Day 3: All black and snakeskin shoes!
Jumper: Cos £49
Jeans: Zara £39.99
Bag: H&M as above
Watch: Fossil £125

It was the most fabulous Easter weekend, Barcelona is truly a beautiful city, small enough to cover the most gorgeous areas in a weekend and of course my sisters being there makes it extra special.

If you fancy planning a City Break with or without kids check out my sisters blog Las Calles De Barcelona  - it is a London girls insider's guide to Barcelona...she has impeccable taste and knows all the best places to go from hotels to restaurants to bars to amazing rooftop terraces...

Next time: The Denim all in one...love them or hate them they are big for summer...I lovvve them!
Until next time, Frances xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hope you had an amazing time and you looked gorgeous as always. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures - and looking forward to the capsule wardrobe to take away :) Not sure yet that the denim all in one will make it in the bag though - baby steps for me ;)
    Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits and I love love love the first picture of your son in silhouette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab pictures you lucky girl. I love your' outfits and I now need to go and look for a jumpsuit. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab pictures Frances, it looks like you had an amazing time. I've been twice now but always to go to football or the stadium. Love a capsule wardrobe packing post so looking forward to that with Marbella coming up in less than two weeks! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Barcelona and I am going Saturday morning for 2 nights!!!! very excited and this post has made me more...... you looked fabulous in all pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Barcelona, one of my favourite cities. I will be sure to check out your sisters blog when I go back. Effortlessly chic outfits! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky thing - what a fab break. And I think you packed perfectly for the trip.

    My black version of the H&M sandals have arrived and they are actually quite comfy for a pair of heeled sandals - I was pleasantly surprised and I don't look like I'm hobbling along when I've tried walking in them. How are you getting on with your tan ones?

    I particularly the all black outfit at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you or contact me on Schoolrunstyle@outlook.com